Simple Present Tense

Simple Present Tense



Sentence Structure = Subject + Main Verb(s/es) + Object


We should be careful while using Main Verb.If there singular subject in the sentence,add 's' as a suffix to Main Verb.
 
Subject
Main Verb 
Example
I
Main Verb
I play cricket.
He
(Main Verb+S)
He plays cricket.
She
(Main Verb+S)
She plays cricket.
It
(Main Verb+S)
It plays cricket
Any Singular Subject
(Main Verb+S)
Boy plays cricket.



You
Main Verb
You play cricket.
We
Main Verb
We play cricket.
They
Main Verb
They play cricket.
Any Plural Subject
Main Verb
Boys play cricket.






Structure of a Negative Sentence in Simple Present Tense

Sentence Structure = Subject + do not/does not + Main Verb Object

Singular Subject = Does not.
Plural Subject = Do not

Examples :
1.He does not go to school.
2.Boys do not play cricket.
3.My father does not play with me.


What is meant by Verbal Questions ? – The question which answer comes only 'Yes' or 'No'. That question is called Verbal Question.

Sentence Structure = Do/Does + Subject + Main Verb +Object + ?

Examples :
 1.Does he go to school ?
   2.Do boys play cricket ?
   3.Does my father play with me ?

Practice Questions :
Q.Spot the error and rewrite the correct sentence.
1)Radha play with me.
Ans – Radha plays with me.
2) Anuj don’t drive a car.
Ans – Anuj doesn’t drive a car.
3) Does they play cricket?
Ans – Do they play cricket?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story Of a Flood Affected Girl in Maharashtra

Verb

Moral Story - How to Behave With Others?